It’s OK to start with a cliché. It’s just not OK to end up with one.
The Film Garage is a new Creative Europe MEDIA workshop created by Scuola Holden in partnership with NISI MASA, with the collaboration of Courmayeur Noir In Festival and Frontières.
The Film Garage is focused on genre movies (thriller, horror, crime,
black comedy, noir and road movies) with the aim of helping the
participants work on their projects and resolve underlying script
We will select nine writers’ scripts that suffer from using cliché in an
unimaginative way and need an expert eye to work on these problems.
The selected projects will have a full inspection at The Film Garage
to check their roadworthiness and prepare them for the road to
TARGET & GOALS
The Film Garage is designed for professional scriptwriters. The main goals are:
– to improve writing skills of the participant;
– to reinforce stories and scripts of genre films;
– to enhance the ability to pitch;
– to create stronger ties with the European film industry;
– to empower a network of relationships among professional working in the same film genre field.
1) First session: Bruxelles, 30th March – 3rd April 2016.
A five day meeting focusing on the projects in the workshop. A panel of
European professionals active in the film genre industry will advise
the participants on the target audience of the projects, address the
weak aspects of the story and strengthen the script’s potential. During
this session all the participants will work on the projects divided into
three different groups coordinated by the three tutors: Alberto Marini
for horrors and thrillers, Luke Schiller for crime and noir stories,
Lucian Georgescu for black comedies and road movies.
2) Online sessions: from April to June 2016 the participants will work on the development of their script, with online support via Skype and email.
3) Intermediate session: Turin, July 2016. The participants will meet the tutors in two days of intensive story editing.
4) Online sessions: from July to November 2016 the participants will work on the development of their treatment, with online support via Skype and email.
5) Final presentation: Courmayeur, December 2016. In
the final session, participants will attend a training pitching and
present their projects in front of a panel of carefully selected genre
DEADLINE: 19th FEBRUARY 2016
For more information:
phone: 0039 011 66 32 812